My Multilingual Wikinfo account: .
Pali Canon cluster:
- Simple introduction to the Pali Canon
- Criticism of Editions of the Pali Canon
- Criticism of Pali Canon
- Criticism of Wikipedia article on Pali Canon
- Dates of the Pali Canon
- Editions of the Pali Canon
- History of the Pali Canon
- Length of the Pali Canon
- Lists of contents of the Pali Canon
- Arrangement of the Pali Canon gives more detail
- Names of the Pali Canon
- Pali Canon and Buddhist Councils
- Sources on paracanonical books of the Pali Canon
- Dhammapada: includes what I hope is the fullest listing of English translations anywhere
- Pali Canon: follows Wikinfo's policy of sympathetic point of view
- Buddhist scriptures and canonical texts
- Collections of Buddhist literature
- Criticism of Wikipedia article on Buddhism
- Dates for the Buddha
- Demographics of Buddhism
- List of Pali Text Society publications by ISBN
- Buddhist anthologies in English
- Doctor Who: leading characters by number of episodes
- Doctor Who: principal cast by decade
- Doctor Who: principal cast by year
- Gramophone Record of the Year
- Non-Western contributions to the modern world
- List of music based on the Bible
The Gombrich archive on the OCBS website is not available at present. Here, I hope, are all the papers (all disappeared for now; can perhaps be found at ]; notice on OCBS website says archive to open spring 2016):
- Organized bodhisattvas: a blind alley in Buddhist historiography
- The earliest brahmanical reference to Buddhism?
- What is Pāli?
- The monk in the Pāli Vinaya: priest or wedding guest?
- The Buddha and the Jains: a reply to Professor Bronkhorst
- A Buddhologist's impression of Japanese Buddhism
- Understanding early Buddhist terminology in its context
- Buddhist prediction: how open is the future?
- Buddhism in the modern world: secularization or Protestantization?
- Why is a khattiya called a khattiya? The Aggañña Sutta revisited
- Dating the Buddha: a red herring revealed
- Can we know or control our futures?
- A momentous effect of translation: the "vehicles" of Buddhism
- The Buddha's book of Genesis?
- The Buddha and Buddhists
- Reflections of an indologist
- How the Mahāyāna began
- Pātimokkha: purgative
- Recovering the Buddha's message
- Buddhism [bibliography for teachers]
- Foreword [to The Group of Dicourses]
- Old bodies like carts
- Three souls, one or none: the vagaries of a Pāli pericope
- Buddhist cultic life in Southeast Asia
- The history of early Buddhism: major advances since 1950
- Kings, power and the Goddess jointly with his wife Sanjukta Gupta
- Buddhist festivals
- Another view of widow-burning and womanliness in India jointly with his wife Sanjukta Gupta
- Temporary ordination in Sri Lanka
- Notes on the brahminical background to Buddhist ethics
- A new Theravādin liturgy
- The significance of former Buddhas in the Theravādin tradition
- 'He cooks softly': adverbs in Sanskrit grammar
- The duty of a Buddhist according to the Pali scriptures
- The duty of a Buddhist according to the Pali scriptures seems to be a somewhat different version of the preceding
- The Buddha's eye, the evil eye, and Dr. Ruelius
- On being Sanskritic: a plea for civilized study and the study of civilization
- Buddhist karma and social control
- Ancient Indian cosmology
- Feminine elements in Sinhalese Buddhism
- The fifty stanzas of a thief: a translation of the Caura-pañcā-śikā, attributed to Bilhaṇa
- "Merit transference" in Sinhalese Buddhism: a case study of the interaction between doctrine and practice
- Food for seven grandmothers: stages in the universalisation of a Sinhalese ritual
- The consecration of a Buddhist image
The remaining three get a 404 Not found message:
In the prediction paper above:
what is generally regarded as the oldest kernel of the Canon, which consists of the four large collections of sermons, of the monastic rules with amplificatory comment, and of some religious poetry
In the terminology paper:
Modern scholarship would incline to see at least a substantial part of the Canon - scholars would differ about how much – as anonymous literature and the work of several hands.
The stratification of the Pali Canon is notoriously difficult and is still in its initial stages; one cannot even be sure that it will ever get much further.