See also Multilingual Wikinfo Village Pump
Images have been removed due to restrictions on the number of files on this host. They are intact and saved. They may be merged with other images files and uploaded to an image pool or some other solution found. Fred Bauder 08:36, 6 September 2013 (EDT)
- Another solution has been found. Images are imported, from Wikipedia, but no thumbnail images are saved. Spiders, such as googlebot had used up all memory by importing thousands of images. Individual images may still be imported and will be saved. Fred Bauder 09:22, 30 September 2013 (EDT)
- This resulted from trying to host Wikinfo on an inferior host with both limited memory and disc space. Current hosting is both affordable and sufficient for storage of images. Not that 20M images make any sense, but that is another matter.
42 really IS the secret. While working on the article about 42 (technical school) I have come to the conclusion that all top level articles which mean more than one thing should be disambiguation pages. Thus 42 (year). Fred Bauder (talk) 12:04, 15 November 2013 (UTC)
- http://wikinfo.org/w/English Fred Bauder (talk) 23:22, 13 December 2013 (UTC)
- And is there a new code to replace wf, which doesn't work now, or do links have to be done lonhand as above? Peter jackson (talk) 11:24, 14 December 2013 (UTC)
Greetings. I tried to upload an image, but got the following error message:
Could not create directory "mwstore://local-backend/local-public/7/79".
Is image uploading deliberately disabled at the moment. If so, then is it going to be re-enabled in the future. If image uploading is supposed to be permitted, then perhaps this MediaWiki topic can help sort out the issue. greeter (talk) 21:46, 19 December 2015 (CST)
- I just checked, and I am able to upload images without any problems now. I therefore no longer require assistance in this area. Thank you kindly for fixing this. greeter (talk) 22:51, 23 January 2016 (CST)
According to our host Scribunto is the cause of recent locking of the site. According to them, "We stopped the script /var/www/html/w/English/extensions/Scribunto/engines/LuaStandalone/lua_ulimit.sh as it was causing a high load on the server." Still running on Multilingual. Fred Bauder (talk) 08:32, 6 February 2016 (CST)
doesn't seem to be editable at present. When I tried yesterday (repeatedly) I got only preview. I just looked at the recent changes list and found nothing since 21st May, so I assume everyone's having the same problem. Peter jackson (talk) 03:55, 7 June 2016 (CDT)
- Wikinfo at http://wwtrade.org/m/index.php/Main_Page is nearly ready. Fred Bauder (talk) 06:25, 7 June 2016 (CDT)
I have begun moving the English Wikinfo to its new home and have made it read only. The images take quite a while to download and upload. It should be ready in about a week though. Everything will be at http://wwtrade.org Fred Bauder (talk) 04:07, 8 June 2016 (CDT)