Fight Imperialism – Stand Together (FIST) is a group of young revolutionaries in the United States.
The following description of the group is from their website:
- FIST (Fight Imperialism – Stand Together) is a national group of young revolutionaries who are committed to fighting racism, sexism, oppression of lesbian, gay, bi and trans people, and exploitation of the working class, all of which result from imperialism and capitalism. We believe that the only way to achieve true liberation for all peoples throughout the world is through socialism.
- We are living in a time of capitalism at a dead end, where our dreams are constantly crushed by budget cuts, racism, deportations and poverty. The need for a revolutionary movement to transform society is more urgent than ever.
- Our generation suffers greatly because of capitalism. Low-wage work, homelessness, foreclosures, incarceration, police brutality, racism and lack of healthcare are the reality for most of our generation. Crushing student debt weighs down young workers, while tuition continues to skyrocket. Trayvon Martin, Sean Bell, and Ramarley Graham, along with too many other young people of color, remind us of the racist violence that terrorizes our communities.
- We are the generation that knows nothing but constant US invasions of sovereign countries, which kill millions of people across the globe, all so monopolies can make billions in profit. We know that imperialist war is essential to the system of capitalism, and it is up to us build a movement, in solidarity with working class people across the world, to defeat imperialism.
- It’s time for us to organize to build the type of society that puts people’s needs first. FIST is dedicated to achieving such a society by building a multi-national, multi-gendered, organization of revolutionary youth that will organize and fight in the streets. We currently have young people organizing in Durham, Detroit, New York City, Rockford, Buffalo and Philadelphia.
- Join us!
- Website: http://fightimperialism.org